Wednesday, 8 July 2015

HOW I TRIPLED MY PINTEREST FOLLOWERS IN 10 WEEKS


Hello everyone!

Can you believe I'm actually writing a 'How to..' (well, in this case it's 'How I...') post? It's pretty surprising to me too. If you told me that a week ago, I wouldn't believe it.
I have much more time now while I'm on holidays, so I decided to put some work in my blog and my posts. I decided to add different types of posts, beside outfit photos. 
I'm doing many researches these last few days, getting to know all the bloggers tips & tricks. It's kinda weird I'm doing this now because I've been blogging about 3 years  (it will be 3 years in August) and someone who's blogging just a few months knows better about that than me. But I guess it's never late to learn some new things! :)

how to triple pinterest traffic and followers

Today I'd like to share my Pinterest story with you. 

I started pinning last year. It was not too much, just a few DIY projects or so. Nothing special.
It was somehow during the last winter holidays, when I had spare time and needed some more inspiration, so I started pinning again. Then, the holidays ended, school started again and there wasn't time to pin random things. I didn't have much motivation to study, but I had to because it's my senior year in highschool. And then I found out that there are many other people like me, struggling with study motivation, who share their beautiful notes, quotes or study places on Pinterest. I've started pinning their pictures like crazy, and it actually helped me because I'd instantly get motivated as soon as I saw some beautiful study notes.
I started getting some new followers, people just like me, who like to see how other people are studying haha :) Every new follower gave me an extra joy then, just like it does today.

Right now I have 729 followers, increasing quickly. That number was approximately 3 times smaller 10 weeks ago. It's not a big number, but it means a lot to me.

So, what have I done?

1. I was passionate about what I pin. Funny thing to say, but yes, I'm geeky and I love to study but sometimes I lose my motivation. When you pin something you're passionate about and you stick to it, it's likely that people who have similar interests will find you. And they will repin you, like your pins and maybe follow you. :)

2. Organize your boards. It won't just look nice, but it will also bring some new followers. I've done this recently, I've reorganized my previous and added some new boards. More boards mean more interest, so there's many new people who can share those interests with you. I have to say I don't prefer having too much boards. By 'too much' I think more than 100. Why is that so? Well, when I follow someone who has plenty of boards, my Pinterest feed is full of just that one person. And I would like to see some other people too on my feed, simple as that :)

3. Schedule your pins. I haven't actually finished this task, but I put it here because I already see its benefits. What I do is that I focus on pinning to 3 of my boards daily. It's sure I pin some other pictures too, but I tend to focus on those 3 which are scheduled for that day.

4.Join bloggers groups and share the love. This one is good if you have a blog, because there are many bloggers group boards where you can share your posts and pictures. You can also learn many things from other bloggers! You can gain more followers like that too. :)


 Those are the things I've done which resulted with tripled number of my Pinterest followers. I like Pinterest so much, how about you? Do you have a Pinterest profile? What are your ways of increasing traffic?

Kisses!





39 comments:

  1. Pinterest is such a time suck for me! But I do enjoy it a lot. I guess I need to focus more time on my Pinterest and do it more regularly than I do now :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure does take a lot of time! But if you schedule it right, it can become better :) Thank you! xx

      Delete
  2. I love Pinterest, im always find myself pinning whenever im bored haha!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too haha! Thank you Sarah! x

      Delete
  3. One of the best things that has happened for my Pinterest boards are to join group boards. It automatically increases reach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I sure will try to do that more! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Great tips! Thank you!

    Rosemond Cates
    www.bighairandbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of scheduling pins! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Pinterest is a lot of fun but using it to market your blog can be trickier than any other social media platform.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips!

    Stephanie @ Thedishbcs.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all your tips!! Thank you for sharing!! I really need to start increasing my pinterest posting. I use all other social media quite often, but I keep forgetting to post pictures and quotes to pinterest. I will def be starting to do that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Yes, you should definitely. It's a great source of traffic.

      Delete
  9. Definitely being passionate and committed will always help you gain a great following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the tips. I've recently starting increasing Pinterest followers and am hoping it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get more into pinterest. I try to pin often but I never do it. I need to try harder.

    http://bobaandpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever you have some spare time! :)

      Delete
  12. Love this very helpful...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips! I have found that the same things have helped me increase repins on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad we share the same story :)

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on your success- it is always awesome to hear how to connect more people on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post!! <3 Recently, I've been getting into Pinterest, myself and I definitely agree with how important it is to schedule pins (it sounds silly, but it's totally true!!). Although I don't have many followers just yet, I went from about 100 to a little over 300 in just a few weeks!

    xoxo, Brooke of The Pink Lyme ( www.thepinklyme.com )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I was in the same situation! x

      Delete
  16. Love this! I do all of these too - of social media, Pinterest is my biggest referrer to my site. P.S. your blog is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really trying to do more with Pinterest. Thanks for sharing these tips. I definitely need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will help you! Thank you! x

      Delete
  18. I LOVE all of these tips, I love Pinterest especially to find topics for my blog and other new bloggers. I'll definitely try the scheduling things, I've tried and sometimes I forget to do it for each post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  19. I am a pinterest nut. I could stay on there for hours each day pinning pins I love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've just started looking into using Pinterest to increase reach for my blog. I'm just starting to join collaborative boards. They seem really useful so far.

    ReplyDelete